- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC) at 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) is the lead federal organization for violence prevention to reduce the death and disability associated with injuries outside the workplace.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233) is a nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, information and referral to victims of domestic violence, perpetrators, friends and families.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- ConsumerDangers.com is dedicated to keeping the public informed about consumer dangers and safety issues associated with numerous products that can cause the public harm.
- ETR Associates desires to maximize the physical, social and emotional health of all individuals, families and communities by advancing the work of health, education and social service providers through high-quality research, publications, information resources, training and programs.
- GoodRx will show you prices, coupons, discounts and savings tips for your prescription at pharmacies near you. They don’t sell the medications, just tell you where you can get the best deal on them. GoodRx is free for consumers, and we require no personal information to search drugs and receive discounts.
- International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) was established in 1996 with two primary objectives: 1. To educate health care professionals how to diagnosis and manage chronic pelvic pain, thereby changing the lives of patients worldwide. 2. To bring hope to men and women who suffer from chronic pelvic pain by significantly raising public awareness and impacting individual lives.
- MedicineNet is an online, healthcare media publishing company. It provides easy-to-read, in-depth, authoritative medical information for consumers via its robust, user-friendly, interactive website.
- Merck Medicus provides peer-reviewed patient handouts to help explain medical conditions.
- myfitnesspal provides the tools you need to successfully take weight off – and keep it off. I have used this program myself and have blogged about my experiences here, here and here.
- NeedyMeds is a 501(c)(3) non-profit information resource devoted to helping people in need find assistance programs to help them afford their medications and costs related to health care.
- NIH MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
- Physicians’ Desk Reference (PDR) is the most trusted and commonly used distributor of drug labeling information, product safety alerts.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS) advocates for the right of all people to accurate information, comprehensive education about sexuality, and sexual health services.
- UpToDate is an evidence-based knowledge system authored by physicians to help clinicians make the right decisions at the point of care. It also has a large searchable patient handout database available to the public.
- WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.