- 10/20/11 – Talk To Me – Kevin McHale for The Trevor Project
- 7/12/11 – Michele Bachmann: Pray the gay away
- 6/14/11 – For the health of sexual minority youth
- 6/12/11 – Prom queen Andrew Viveros – It Gets Better!
- 6/9/11 – The UCLA “Sissy Boy Experiment”
- 10/15/10 – It gets better!
- 4/13/10 – Update: ACP being called on their lies
- 4/6/10 – Fraudulent Representation of Medical Opinion by Fundie Quacks
Justin Luke is reporting that TV celebrity Jonathan Lovitz recently got out of jury duty by stating that he could not provide impartial judgement given that he himself, a gay man, is a second-class citizen. Now I’m not suggesting that we all start shirking our civil responsibilities however kudos to Jonathan for his brazen visibility and cleverness.
In today’s economy, it’s vital that we support the companies, products, and brands that have equal workplace practices for the LGBT community. As you look for that perfect pair of shoes or a great gift for a loved one this Valentine’s Day, consider using HRC’s 2011 Buying For Equality Guide to help make your shopping decisions. It is available in either online or print formats.
From clothing to computers to kids’ stuff, from the latest hairstyles to the grocery aisles, they’ve collected data on hundreds of businesses. And some of the differences between companies selling similar products and services might surprise you:
- Macy’s (100%) vs. Saks (30%*)
- Staples (100%) vs. Office Depot (45%)
- Nike (100%) vs. Adidas/Reebok (15%*)
- UPS (100%) vs. FedEx (80%) vs. DHL (30%*)
- Whole Foods (85%) vs. Trader Joes (15%*)
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (100%) vs. Pottery Barn/West Elm (30%*)
Check out Born This Way Blog! I may have to submit a pic too. 😉
Obama’s Hospital Visitation Presidential Memorandum goes into effect today. No longer will hospitals that participate in Medicare and Medicaid programs be permitted to discriminate against LQBTQI patients and separate them from their loved ones.