- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC) at 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) is the lead federal organization for violence prevention to reduce the death and disability associated with injuries outside the workplace.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233) is a nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, information and referral to victims of domestic violence, perpetrators, friends and families.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.
- Shaken Baby Alliance at 877-6-END-SBS (877-636-3727) provides SUPPORT for victim families and professionals, PREVENTION of child abuse, and JUSTICE for the innocent victims of child abuse.
Education & support
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting education and equity for women and girls.
- BEDSIDER is an online birth control support network for women 18-29 operated by The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, a private non-profit organization.
- Guttmacher Institute advances sexual and reproductive health worldwide through research, policy analysis and public education.
- Guttmacher State Policies in Brief provide information on the most recent legislative, administrative and judicial actions regarding abortion, adolescents, contraception, pregnancy, STDs and services & financing.
- LoFric micturition chart is an app available for iPhone/iPad and Google play that allows you to record the fluid you drink and the urine you pass over two or three days (48/72 hours). This can provide valuable information about your bladder situation. When completed, bring or email the chart to your provider for further discussion about your urinary urgency, frequency or leakage concerns.
- My Days is a period and ovulation tracker app for iPhone/iPad that may increase or decrease your chances of pregnancy depending on your goals.
- myPill is a birth control pill tracker app for iPhone/iPad that will “make sure you’ll NEVER miss a pill ever again”.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America is the nation’s leading advocate for privacy and a woman’s right to choose.
- National Organization of Women (NOW) is the largest, most comprehensive feminist advocacy group in the United States. Our purpose is to take action to bring women into full participation in society — sharing equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities with men, while living free from discrimination.
- National Partnership for Women & Families is dedicated to promoting public policies and business practices that expand opportunities for women and improve the well-being of our nation’s families.
- National Vulvodynia Association is a nonprofit organization that strives to improve women’s lives through education, support, advocacy and research funding.
- Period Planner is a period tracker for iPhone/iPad to help you predict your fertile days and log your symptoms.
- Planned Parenthood promotes a commonsense approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about sex, health, and family planning.
- reproductive health access project is dedicated to expanding access to high-quality, comprehensive reproductive health services in primary care settings.
- vaginismus.com states that its big mission is to help as many women as possible with vaginismus and related sexual pain or penetration problems.
- Backline promotes unconditional and judgment-free support for women’s decisions, feelings and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, adoption and abortion. We provide a forum in which women and their loved ones can engage in discussion that goes beyond political rhetoric. We are committed to addressing the individual and diverse realities within our communities. Our vision is that all people will have the support and resources they need to make the decisions that are best for their lives, without limitation or coercion.
- CDC Pregnancy provides steps you can take for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- CordBloodBanking.com provides relevant information on cord blood, banking options and emerging research. The organization promotes awareness for current and future stem cell treatments, and is committed to being the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource available for mothers and families considering cord blood.
- CordBloodGuide.com provides a reliable up-to-date help guide which can be downloaded with the click of a button.
- Exhale is the nation’s premiere organization addressing the emotional health and wellbeing of women and men after abortion. Founded in 2000 by and for women who have had abortions, we provide and promote emotional support across a dynamic landscape of private and public spaces, online and offline.
- Considering circumcision? is a page of resources I created to encourage soon-to-be parents to think twice about surgically altering their sons on the basis of tradition alone.
- Pregnancy.org is a friendly, familiar place for women to talk with one another, find advice, support and comfort.
- sprout pregnancy essentials is a pregnancy tracker app for iPhone/iPad that combines authoritative medical advice and stunning fetal imagery in a natural and easy to use format.
- Text4baby is the first mobile information service designed to promote maternal and child health through text messaging. Parents who text “BABY” (or “BEBE” for Spanish) to 511411 receive three free text messages a week on topics such as labor signs and symptoms, prenatal care, urgent alerts, developmental milestones, immunizations, nutrition, birth defect prevention, safe sleep, safety, and more.
- WebMD Health & Pregnancy Center is a repository of popular pregnancy topics, videos, tools, guides and networking tool for patients attempting pregnancy or already have a desired pregnancy. There is an associated iPhone/iPad app that can be found on this site.
- womenshealth.gov – Pregnancy will help you learn what you can do before, during, and after pregnancy to give your baby a healthy start to life.
NOTE: More resources are available under “Resources for all patients”.