Top 10 Posts
- Are you REALLY SURE you want your OB/GYN to cut your little boy?
- End genital mutilation now
- Throwing wrenches at the gears
- A Public Apology to My Circumcised Son
- Say NO to infant male circumcision!
- Doctor and hospital sued for circumcision
- Testosterone and autism
- Georganne Chapin - End the barbaric cutting of baby boys
- Talk To Me - Kevin McHale for The Trevor Project
- Contrary to marketing in Africa, circumcision does NOT prevent HIV transmission and may increase it
Tag Archives: Gender
I was recently interviewed for an article published in the March 2012 edition of Minnesota Medicine, the journal of the Minnesota Medical Association. In Women’s Work? Obstetrics/gynecology struggles with the gender question, author CArMen PeOtA addresses the gender shift of OB/GYN physicians … Continue reading
Dr Costello writes in his blog entry, Intersex Fertility, that “My daughter was not of woman born. That is a concept that has fascinated people through the ages. My daughter’s gestation was perfectly ‘natural,’ I should point out–but I carried … Continue reading
American Grotesque posted The Genocide of Intersex People on 11/28/11. I recently came across it while catching up on twitter and facebook during my holiday break (a true luxury for a resident!). In this post the author discusses the damage perpetuated … Continue reading
Dear Dr Pate, I was born with a DSD. Is penoscrotal hypospadias with severe chordee an intersex condition? Am I intersexed? Dear J, Your questions are more difficult to answer than one would think. The term “intersex” has changed in … Continue reading
Ob-Gyns: Prepare to Treat Transgender Patients November 21, 2011 From: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Washington, DC — To address the significant health care disparities of transgender individuals and to improve their access to care, ob-gyns should prepare … Continue reading
Beardo Beanie to the rescue!
Related post - Prenatal steroids to prevent boyish baby girls (5/19/11) On 10/19/11 Science Translational Medicine published the research of Dr Emily Tam, MD, assistant clinical professor of child neurology at UCSF, et al demonstrating Preterm Cerebellar Growth Impairment After Postnatal Exposure to … Continue reading